PHP Generators are advanced to version 10.3
Mar 29, 2010
SQL Maestro Group is happy to announce the release of PHP Generator 10.3, a GUI frontend that allows you to generate high-quality PHP scripts for the selected tables, views and queries for the further working with these objects through the web. There are versions for MySQL, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQLite, Firebird, DB2, SQL Anywhere and MaxDB.
- The Autocomplete Editor has been implemented. After entering something into such a control, PHP Generator starts searching for matching entries and displays a list of values to choose from. By entering more characters, the user can filter down the list to better matches.
- Starting with this version it is possible to use WYSIWYG Editor for text fields that store an HTML code. Such a control provides an editing interface which resembles how the data will be displayed in a web browser in the generated app. Because using a WYSIWYG editor does not require any HTML knowledge, they are easier for an average computer user to get started with.
- Support for horizontal filters has been added. The filters allow you to restrict number of records returned without necessary to create a query-based page and provide custom SQLs for INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE.
- Nested master-detail presentations have been implemented. Such presentations are very useful for displaying data with multilevel master/detail relationships (for example, conference/division/team/player).
- Starting with this version it is possible to define primary key columns for views and updatable queries. By default (if not defined manually) the key includes all the non-BLOB columns.
- Support for right-to-left languages (such as Arabic and Hebrew) has been added. Text direction can be specified for a concrete page, for a whole project or even at the application level (for all the projects).
- The read-only attribute has been added to the column properties. Values of such columns are displayed at the Edit and Insert pages but they cannot be changed.
- Support for project-level data manipulation events has been added (OnBeforeInsertRecord, OnBeforeUpdateRecord, OnBeforeDeleteRecord). These events allow you to share the same logic for all the insert, update and delete operations executed from the project pages. Also we have implemented the OnAfterLogin event to allow you to track user activity.
- A lot of other useful things including default ordering for page records, hints for the column headers, pictograms for adding/editing/deleting records, updated image viewer and calendar components, printing for single records, controls for editing passwords, and so on.
In addition to this, several bugs have been fixed and some other minor improvements and corrections have been made. For more information about a specific tool see the appropriate page:
- PHP Generator for MySQL
- MS SQL PHP Generator
- PostgreSQL PHP Generator
- Oracle PHP Generator
- SQLite PHP Generator
- Firebird PHP Generator
- DB2 PHP Generator
- ASA PHP Generator
- MaxDB PHP Generator