Data Wizards are updated to version 12.6
Jun 11, 2012
SQL Maestro Group is happy to announce the release of Data Wizard 12.6, a toolset of powerful utilities for managing your data. There are versions for MySQL, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQLite, Firebird, DB2, SQL Anywhere and MaxDB.
- The SQL Dump wizard has been implemented. This tool allows you to export the data from selected tables and views as a set of INSERT statements (both single-row and multi-row INSERTs are supported). It is also possible to generate the CREATE TABLE statements.
- Data Pump features:
- User-defined data type mappings have been added. This feature allows you to specify which data types from the target database will correspond to the data types from the source one. For example, you can convert char to varchar, varchar to nvarchar or even varchar to int (of course data types should be compatible). It is also possible to specify size and precision for each mapped data type (if applicable).
- Starting from this version the software tries to recognize autoincrement columns in the source database and convert them in the best possible way.
- A possibility of transferring data using bulk-loading commands has been added (for MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Oracle). This feature can speed up the data importing up to 10 times so it is recommended to use it always if possible.
- It becomes possible to specify a connection timeout for the source database.
- The source database tree is now loaded much faster.
- Data Import features:
- Starting from this version the software arranges target tables by dependencies, so the records are inserted in the correct order. It is also possible to reorder target tables manually if necessary.
- From now on it is possible to import data from CSV files that contain multi-line strings.
- A possibility of setting the correspondence between source and target columns by column name has been implemented (previous versions allow you to set such a correspondence only by column index).
- Other new features:
- Data Export: Now it is possible to specify decimal and thousand separators for the generated files (when applicable).
- Running from the command line all the tools now return the correct exit status (0 on success) that can be checked in batch files using the ERRORLEVEL variable.
- The progress windows are redesigned in the modern style and become more informative.
- Log files become more structured and detailed.
For more information about a specific tool see the appropriate page:
- Data Wizard for MySQL
- MS SQL Data Wizard
- PostgreSQL Data Wizard
- Oracle Data Wizard
- SQLite Data Wizard
- Firebird Data Wizard
- DB2 Data Wizard
- ASA Data Wizard
- MaxDB Data Wizard