AnySQL Maestro 12.5 released
May 8, 2012
SQL Maestro Group is happy to announce the release of AnySQL Maestro 12.5, a universal powerful solution for administering any database engine (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, MS Access, etc.) that is accessible via ODBC driver or OLE DB provider.
Please consider the list of new features implemented in this version since the last official release:
The main feature of this version is Report Designer, a simple-to-use and elegant tool to prepare data for reading, viewing, and printing in a polished look.
Use this tool to create database reports using drag-and-drop functionality and rich formatting options. To invoke the window, use the Main Menu | Tools | Report Designer menu item.
- Autoincrement columns are now recognized for MS SQL Server and MS Access. Unfortunately, other DBMS do not provide the appropriate information correctly.
The SQL editor component has been dramatically improved (applied to SQL Editor, SQL Script Editor, and editors of objects containing SQL bodies such as views, stored procedures, and triggers):
Unicode support has been implemented. Starting with this version you can view and edit queries and scripts containing string literals in almost any possible language including, for example, Russian, Chinese and Japanese.
Also it becomes possible to load/save files in different encodings. If you try to save an SQL script containing non-locale characters to a file in an incompatible encoding, a warning about a potential loss of data will be issued.
Text change markers are now at your disposal. Yellow markers show changed but unsaved lines of code, and green markers show changes in this session that have been saved.
The code folding appearance has been updated. In particular, the new version introduces support for fold signs as well as improved look and feel of the folding margin and hints.
- Unicode support has been implemented. Starting with this version you can view and edit queries and scripts containing string literals in almost any possible language including, for example, Russian, Chinese and Japanese.
- Drag-n-drop from Windows Explorer has been added to SQL Editor and SQL Script Editor. Now to open a file in one of the editors, just drag it at Windows Explorer and drop at the editor area.
- The performance of SQL Script Editor has been significantly increased especially on large script editing. In addition to this the name of the file loaded to the editor area is now displayed at the right bottom corner of the window.
- Script Runner has been slightly changed in appearance and performance. Now the name of the database the script to be run on is displayed at the top of the window, the name of the script file may be quoted, and the script files in the UTF-8 encoding may optionally start with a byte order mark.
Data Grid features:
Now it is possible to display images directly in the grid. To enable/disable this view mode or change the image fitting, use the Manage inline images item of the column popup menu.
Data Input Form has been significantly improved. Now it simplifies the input of data with lookup menus for columns linked by a foreign key with another table and a calculator for numeric columns.
The form can be invoked now with Ctrl+Alt+D shortcut.
Now the headers of key and key autoincrement columns are marked with the 'key' and 'key&plus' images accordingly. The existence of a key column in the dataset means that you can modify/delete the records of this dataset without risk of updating/deleting several records at a time and 'key&plus' means that the column values are calculated automatically and you can leave this field blank.
- Now it is possible to display images directly in the grid. To enable/disable this view mode or change the image fitting, use the Manage inline images item of the column popup menu.
- Visual Query Builder: the Create view from SQL link has been added to the Navigation panel. This feature allows you to create a view based on a SELECT query prepared within the builder as quickly as possible.
BLOB Viewer: starting with this version it's possible to view or edit BLOB data as PDF document.
- A Spanish translation is now included into the installation package. Other available languages are English, German, French and Italian.
- Data Import: now each time you start the wizard to import data to a table it stores all the options as them were set on the previous session of working with this table.
In addition to this, several bugs have been fixed and some other minor improvements and corrections have been made.
Related links:AnySQL Maestro home page
Download AnySQL Maestro
AnySQL Maestro Screenshots