PostgreSQL Data Wizard 6.6 released
Jun 30, 2006
A new version of PostgreSQL Data Wizard, a powerful utility for managing your PostgreSQL data, has been released.
Please consider the list of new features implemented in PostgreSQL Data Wizard 6.6:
- Data Wizard Task Scheduler implemented: now there is no need to perform repeated actions, just set the task (or task list) and executing time regulations. You can also cease the task from executing at a specified date or after a certain number of the process repetitions;
- implemented a lot of security options for PHP Generator Wizard. These options allow you to request user name and password when a user attempts to access your script or to execute some of the specific actions: detailed viewing, adding, editing, or deleting of a table/query row. All the settings are available at the Security Options page; By default, neither login nor password are required to access the generated script, however it is possible to use PostgreSQL server security settings as well as specify a PostgreSQL table which stores logins and passwords;
- added an opportunity to edit Lookup options while the web pages are being created: this feature helps you to customize the HTML appearance of your PostgreSQL databases for easy and efficient operating your data in the future: while working with the site you will only need to select the required names instead of entering the IDs manually; to make a comparison. You can view an example of the result page generated with lookup options applied and the one generated without lookup options;
- several minor improvements for better code generation performed in PHP Generator;
- improved Data Pump interface;
- fixed a possible problem with exporting custom query result in some cases when the query text contains characters typed in uppercase;
- Data Export Wizard now determines column size for custom queries correctly (fixed after a bug report);
- fixed some minor bugs.