SQL Maestro for MySQL 12.3 released
Mar 28, 2012
SQL Maestro Group is happy to announce the release of SQL Maestro for MySQL 12.3, a powerful Windows GUI solution for MySQL administration and database development.
Please consider the list of new features implemented in this version since the last official release:
Server management extensions:
Starting with this version you can backup the whole database as well as the selected tables with the Backup Database tool that actually automates your work with the mysqldump client. This piece of the software combines a convenience of a user-friendly interface with a power and flexibility of the original utility and allows you to specify any option available in mysqldump in the easiest possible way. The result command can be executed immediately and/or saved to a batch file for further using. To invoke the Backup Database window, select the corresponding item from the Tools menu.
The SQL editor component has been dramatically improved (applied to SQL Editor, SQL Script Editor, and editors of objects containing SQL bodies such as views, stored procedures, and triggers):
Unicode support has been implemented. Starting with this version you can view and edit queries and scripts containing string literals in almost any possible language including, for example, Russian, Chinese and Japanese.
Also it becomes possible to load/save files in different encodings. If you try to save an SQL script containing non-locale characters to a file in an incompatible encoding, a warning about a potential loss of data will be issued.
Text change markers are now at your disposal. Yellow markers show changed but unsaved lines of code, and green markers show changes in this session that have been saved.
The code folding appearance has been updated. In particular, the new version introduces support for fold signs as well as improved look and feel of the folding margin and hints.
Now when entering a function or stored procedure call, a function parameter hint box can be displayed detailing the types of parameters that should be entered within the parentheses of the function call. To get the hint box displayed, place your cursor between the parentheses of the function call and press Ctrl+Shift+Space.
- Unicode support has been implemented. Starting with this version you can view and edit queries and scripts containing string literals in almost any possible language including, for example, Russian, Chinese and Japanese.
- Drag-n-drop from Windows Explorer has been added to SQL Editor and SQL Script Editor. Now to open a file in one of the editors, just drag it at Windows Explorer and drop at the editor area.
- The performance of SQL Script Editor has been significantly increased especially on large script editing. In addition to this the name of the file loaded to the editor area is now displayed at the right bottom corner of the window.
- Script Runner has been slightly changed in appearance and performance. Now the name of the database the script to be run on is displayed at the top of the window, the name of the script file may be quoted, and the script files in the UTF-8 encoding may optionally start with a byte order mark.
Data Grid features:
Now it is possible to display images directly in the grid. To enable/disable this view mode or change the image fitting, use the Manage inline images item of the column popup menu.
Data Input Form has been significantly improved. Now it simplifies the input of data with lookup menus for columns linked with foreign keys and ENUM columns, a calculator for DECIMAL columns, and check box groups for SET ones.
The form can be invoked now with Ctrl+Alt+D shortcut.
- Now it is possible to display images directly in the grid. To enable/disable this view mode or change the image fitting, use the Manage inline images item of the column popup menu.
Table Editor features:
Another way of index creating has been implemented. Now you can create a new index directly from the Fields tab of the table editor. To add an index, select column(s) the new index to consist of and use the Create index on columns... command.
- Foreign key references i.e. foreign keys created in other tables and referencing for columns of the current one, are now displayed well.
- Another way of index creating has been implemented. Now you can create a new index directly from the Fields tab of the table editor. To add an index, select column(s) the new index to consist of and use the Create index on columns... command.
- Visual Query Builder: the Create view from SQL link has been added to the Navigation panel. This feature allows you to create a view based on a SELECT query prepared within the builder as quickly as possible.
BLOB Viewer: starting with this version it's possible to view or edit BLOB data as PDF document.
- Prepared database reports now run fine on UNIX systems.
- Table Editor Options: starting with this version it's possible to allow the application to open details at the Data tab automatically.
- A Spanish translation is now included into the installation package. Other available languages are English, German, French and Italian.
- Data Import: now each time you start the wizard to import data to a table it stores all the options as them were set on the previous session of working with this table.
In addition to this, several bugs have been fixed and some other minor improvements and corrections have been made.
Related links:SQL Maestro for MySQL home page
Download SQL Maestro for MySQL
Get SQL Maestro for MySQL Tour
Purchase your license of SQL Maestro for MySQL today!