Firebird Maestro 6.7 released
Jul 10, 2006
A new version of Firebird Maestro, a powerful Windows GUI solution for Firebird server administration and database development, has been released.
Please consider the list of all new features implemented in Firebird Maestro 6.7:
Server management extensions:
- The number of table altering is now displayed at the Properties tab of the Table Editor. Please note that only 255 of such commands are allowed by the server, after that you should back up and restore the database.
- We have implemented the Object Browser tool, which operates like Object Manager, but includes some additional features such as properties grouping, filtering, and sorting. For example it is easy to find all the tables, which have more than 10 fields or all the domains based on INTEGER type in a few mouse clicks. You can also open several objects' editors simultaneously as well as drop all the selected objects by a single operation;
- All the system objects such as RDB$DATABASES or RDB$PROCEDURES now can be displayed in different colors (purple by default). A color can be set in the Options window (the Explorer tab);
- The connected databases are now displayed in bold everywhere (object editors, Object Manager, Object Browser etc);
- The Describe Object command is now included into the popup menu of each objects as well as into navigation bars. Use it to specify the object's comment without opening its editor;
- The F8 and Shift+F8 key shortcuts now can be used to open/execute queries in the SQL Editor. F9 and Shift+F9 work too.
In addition to this, several bugs were fixed and some other minor improvements and corrections were made.