Code Factories advanced to version 17.4
Apr 10, 2017
SQL Maestro Group is happy to announce the release of Code Factory 17.4, a premier GUI tool for managing SQL queries and scripts. There are versions for MySQL, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQLite, Firebird, DB2, SQL Anywhere and MaxDB.
The following is a list of new feature implementations since the last major release:
New feature highlights:
- This version of the software has been successfully tested with the latest versions of database servers including SQL Server 2016, Oracle 12c, MySQL 5.7, MariaDB 10.1 and 10.2, PostgreSQL 9.6, and Firebird 3.
Data Grid features the following things:
- Support for a number of new encryption algorithms has been added to Data Grid. Now it is possible to encrypt the value of a text column, for example, by SHA512 or Haval224 algorithm with a couple of mouse clicks.
- Now it is possible to copy the value of the selected cell to Clipboard using grid's popup menu or Ctrl+Shift+C shortcut.
The Case Insensitive option has been added to data grid filter settings (ON by default).
Data Input Form has been significantly improved.
Now it simplifies the input of data with lookup menus for columns linked with foreign keys and ENUM columns, a calculator for DECIMAL columns, and check box groups for SET ones.
This form can be invoked now with Ctrl+Alt+D shortcut.
- In Data Grids and Data Input Forms computed columns are marked by a green calculator.
- Data Import features:
The Column Builder for text files with fixed column width has been redesigned. Now to set the correspondence between table columns and areas of a text file, you can either input offset and width for each column directly into the controls, or define these values by clicking the left mouse button in the right area of the tool.
- Now it's possible to add current timestamp to the log file name using the %ts:TIMESTAMP_FORMAT% string template. Examples of valid datetime formats are: 'YYYY-MM-DD', 'YYYY-MM-DD-HH24-MI', 'YYYY-MM-DD-HH24-MI-SS', and so on.
- Starting from this version it is possible to import empty values as empty strings (while previous versions always imported such values as NULLs).
- The Column Builder for text files with fixed column width has been redesigned. Now to set the correspondence between table columns and areas of a text file, you can either input offset and width for each column directly into the controls, or define these values by clicking the left mouse button in the right area of the tool.
- Data Export: from now on it becomes possible to specify caption, width, and alignment for output columns (when applicable). Also it becomes possible to add current timestamp to the output file name.
- From now on it becomes possible to execute custom SQL scripts in all database connections established by the software.
- Support for Adobe Reader DC has been added to BLOB Editor. Also the editor window now saves its size and position between times it is opened (for each table).
- Starting from this version it is possible to select a tab color for windows that belong to a certain database. This could help you to distinguish windows with the same caption but a different parent database (such as SQL Editor) with ease. The color can be specified at the Options tab in the Database Profile Properties dialog. For the same purpose tab hints now include the profile name.
- "Show special chars" and "Convert tabs to spaces" options have been added to the Editor settings.
- A Spanish translation is now included into the installation package. Other available languages are English, German, French and Italian.
In addition to this, several bugs have been fixed and some other minor improvements and corrections have been made. For more information about a specific tool see the appropriate page:
- Code Factory for MySQL
- PostgreSQL Code Factory
- MS SQL Code Factory
- Oracle Code Factory
- Firebird Code Factory
- SQLite Code Factory
- DB2 Code Factory
- ASA Code Factory
- MaxDB Code Factory