MySQL Maestro 6.10 released
Oct 20, 2006
We're happy to present you a totally new version of MySQL Maestro, a powerful Windows GUI solution for MySQL server administration and database development, with a lot of useful features described below.
Product versions are formalized according to their release dates: the first figure of the product version stands for the year of release; the second figure of the version is meant to indicate the month of the current version release. For more information apply to the corresponding news item. Thus, current version is numbered 6.10 because it was released in October, 2006.
Server management extensions:
- Support of events (MySQL 5.1.6+) and table partitions (MySQL 5.1.3+) is implemented.
- Support of all the user permissions (up to MySQL 5.1.12) is provided.
- The new version connects to the database much faster because of using the information_schema database (MySQL 5.0 and higher).
- Table Editor: Foreign key references are implemented. This feature allows you to manage foreign keys that are created in other tables and reference columns of the current table.
- Table maintenance commands (Analyze Table, Check Table, Repair Table, Optimize Table) are now available from the Table Editor or from popup menu of Database Explorer.
- Now it is possible to set character set and collation during the database, table or field creation. They also can be changed within the corresponding editors.
- Server Editor and Database Editor are added.
- It is now possible to view/change SQL scripts generated by MySQL Maestro before executing.
- Now it is possible to read and set object grants and user permissions even you have no access to mysql database.
- A new tool for multi-dimensional analysis, Data Analysis (OLAP Viewer), is implemented in the new version MySQL Maestro. With the tool it is able to slice and dice information efficiently and provide customers with an extremely intuitive end-user experience. Data can be rendered to answer business questions - and best of all - it allows you to focus on business rules rather than creating dozens and dozens of reports.
- Server scope objects (such as users, UDFs, etc) are now displayed in the Explorer tree. There is also a separate branch for all the triggers.
- SQL Editor improvements: now you can execute each query in a separate thread in order to continue your work with the software while the query is executing. The Procedure and Function editors are also improved for the purpose of executing the routine asynchronously.
- Create Object Wizards are improved: now it is possible to specify all the object properties and subitems during its creation. The Create View Wizard now includes the Filter Builder dialog to facilitate creating WHERE condition. Also the wizards became resizable for more usability.
- MySQL security management became easier. Now you can set all object permissions within the Object Editor.
- Object Browser tool for operating on database objects designed as an extension of Database Explorer with advanced features such as sorting, grouping and filtering the database objects. It also provides such operation as multiple selecting of objects (for copying, dropping, etc.) and the ability of using drag-and-drop operations between Object Browser and Database Explorer is implemented.
- For your convenience it is implemented the second mode of viewing data as info cards.
- New Explorer option "Display system object in different color" allows you to mark system objects with customizable color (purple by default).
- Table Editor can display text fields' contents in the data grid.
- The Code Folding feature is implemented in all the SQL editors and viewers. The Code Folding item group makes it possible both to view the whole text and to divide it into logical parts (regions). Each part can be collapsed and extended.
- SQL Editor: the pair bracket highlighting is available for your convenience.
- MySQL Maestro provides now the ability to describe the object directly from the Database Explorer.
- New software look and feel: program icon, installer, splash screen, wizard image and various other interface improvements.
In addition to this, a lot of other improvements and bugfixes were made.
Related links:MySQL Maestro Home
Get your registered copy!