MS SQL Maestro 10.11 released
Nov 22, 2010
Server management extensions:
- This release has been successfully tested with all the modern SQL Server versions up to SQL Server Code-Named "Denali" CTP1. Also we have started to implement support for Denali new features; in particular, current version allows you to manage sequences.
- Starting with this version our software automatically checks the database connection physical status and displays the notification window if the connection is broken. This window allows you either to reconnect or to close the connection.
- From now on it becomes possible to enable/disable all the triggers or checks for a table or even for a whole schema in a single mouse click.
Now it's allowed to create DML procedures automatically. These procedures are the most efficient choice for accomplishing the CRUD operations (Create, Read, Update, and Delete).
It is possible to create the procedures for a single table or for several tables at once (even for all the tables in the database). To accomplish these tasks, use the popup menu of the corresponding node at the Explorer tree and the Main Menu | Object | Generate DML Procedures wizard accordingly.
- This release has been successfully tested with 64-bit operating systems including Windows 7 x64.
Table Editor features:
A possibility of importing data from Clipboard has been implemented. It is supposed that columns within the data block are separated by the tabulation symbol, records are separated by newlines and the first line of the data block contains column headers.Listing 1. Data packet example
ColHeader1 ColHeader2 R1C1 R1C2 R2C1 R2C2
The same data format is supported by a lot of other applications, so it is easy to use this feature to quickly copy data from MS Excel, another table or view, or even from a data set from a different DBMS especially if it is opened with an appropriate our product.
- An ability to upload files as BLOBs into a table has been implemented. The file names must contain the information on the record they need to be placed to: the files need to be named in the same manner and their names have to include content of one or several table columns that can uniquely identify each row.
The Update Existing Records option has been added to the Data Import wizard. If this option is turned ON, the records will be either updated or inserted.
The Script Runner window can now be invoked directly from the Tools menu. Also the productivity of this tool has been significantly improved.
Data Analysis tool has been updated:
- Starting with this version it is possible to use a wide spectrum of aggregate functions such as maximum, minimum, average value, etc. for subtotals (the only available function for the previous versions was sum of values).
- A possibility of sorting data by summary columns has been added. This means, for example, the product you'll see first is not the one which starts with an A or Z, but rather the one that has the most or least sales.
- You can also specify the number of top rows that are displayed to view, for example, only a specific number of best-selling or worst-selling products for each year, month, customer, etc. This will help you to concentrate on only the most important information and avoid being overload with a lot of superfluous data.
- Data Grid: the Clone current record command has been added to the popup menu. Use it to add a new record which is substantially similar to an existing one.
- BLOB editor: starting with this version it is possible to select a BLOB column to edit directly within the editor window.
- The Case Insensitive option has been added to data grid filter settings (ON by default).
- Application Options: now it's possible to specify default directories for data export/import/extract/etc to be used on database profiles creating.
In addition to this, several bugs have been fixed and some other minor improvements and corrections have been made.
Related links:MS SQL Maestro home page
Download MS SQL Maestro
Purchase your license of MS SQL Maestro today!