Die erste öffentliche Herausgabe von Firebird Maestro
May 10, 2006
Firebird Maestro is a powerful solution for the Firebird server administration and development. It allows you to create, edit, copy, extract and drop all the database objects such as tables, views, procedures, domains, generators, etc., build queries visually, execute queries and SQL scripts, view and edit data including BLOBs, represent data as diagrams, export and import data to/from most popular file formats, manage Firebird users and their privileges, and use a lot of other tools designed for the easiest and most efficient work with Firebird Server.
Our product versions are formalized according to the release date: the first figure of the product version stands for the year of release; the second figure of the version is meant to indicate the month of the current version release. Hence, the present version is 6.5. For more information apply to the corresponding news item.
While developing the new software product we tried to include the usable features available in the existing products and to provide it with unique functionality. Please consider a short list of Firebird Maestro 6.5 features below:
- support for all Firebird server versions from 1.0 to 2.0 provided: expression indexes, sequences, generators, universal triggers, default values for procedure variables, exceptions, and so on;
- easy database management: the conception of database profiles gives you an opportunity to connect to databases in one touch and work with the selected databases only. Of course, it is also possible to create or drop a database;
- particular database object management: the application includes a number of handy wizards and editors, database explorer allowing you to perform all necessary operations upon databases and their objects (creating new database objects, editing existing ones as well as duplicating and renaming objects);
- user-friendly interface: easy-to-use GUI provided by Firebird Maestro will make your Firebird database management and administration easy and efficient; data can be viewed either as tables or as summary cards; Object Manager and Object Explorer allow you to fulfill complex data manipulation tasks irrespective of your personal level of competence in this or that server feature;
- building and executing queries: Firebird Maestro provides powerful tools which allow you either to edit query text directly with syntax highlighting and code completion or to build a query diagram visually selecting tables and fields, setting links between tables and so on;
- original security management: a number of powerful editors were implemented to manage users, groups, roles and their privileges in the easiest way. Even if you are not a skilled PostgreSQL administrator you will find no troubles when editing your security policy;
- powerful BLOB viewer/editor: opportunity to view and edit the content of the BLOB fields in various representations such as hexadecimal dump, plain text, graphical image or HTML page; graphical representation of BLOB data supports the following image formats: BMP, Windows metafile, JPEG, GIF and PNG;
- data export module: exports data from Firebird Server tables and queries to files of the 14 most popular formats including MS Excel, MS Access, MS Word, HTML, XML, and PDF;
- data import module: imports data to Firebird Server tables from files of the following formats: MS Excel, MS Access, XML, DBF, TXT and CSV;
- server maintenance: provides you with graphical wizard interface for native Firebird server maintenance operations such as backup and restore databases, shutdown databases and bring database online.
The list of useful features implemented in our software can be continued. Firebird Maestro gives you opportunities to create a new database object in a couple of simple operations, to get SQL dump of your metadata and data (even without knowing the syntax), to get a high-quality printable report for your database, to execute any SQL script, to copy a table from one database to another by drag-n-drop operations or by pressing Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V hot key combinations and a lot of other features.
We hope that you will enjoy working with your Firebird server with our new software.