Oracle Maestro 10.10 released
Oct 21, 2010
SQL Maestro Group is happy to announce the release of Oracle Maestro 10.10, a powerful Windows GUI solution for Oracle administration and database development.
Please consider the list of new features implemented in this version since the last official release:
Server management extensions:
- Starting with this version our software automatically checks the database connection physical status and displays the notification window if the connection is broken. This window allows you either to reconnect or to close the connection.
- A possibility of changing the file size for existing tablespaces has been implemented.
- Now it's allowed to compile all the table dependencies as well as to compile all the table references with debug information at once. The feature is available from Database Explorer, Object Browser, and Table Editor.
- Starting with this version it becomes possible to enable/disable all the triggers or checks for a table or even for a whole schema in a single mouse click.
Database profile management extensions:
- Now our software allows to reorder database groups in the Explorer Tree as well as reorder databases from the same group. You can also sort database groups and databases in an alphabetical order.
- All the database profiles related to the same group may now be deleted at once.
- The Rename Database Profile command has been added to the popup menu. Use this command to rename a profile without opening its editor.
- This release has been successfully tested with 64-bit operating systems including Windows 7 x64.
- Displaying of DBMS_OUTPUT messages now can be enabled or disabled for SQL Script Editor.
Table Editor features:
A possibility of importing data from Clipboard has been implemented. It is supposed that columns within the data block are separated by the tabulation symbol, records are separated by newlines and the first line of the data block contains column headers.Listing 1. Data packet example
ColHeader1 ColHeader2 R1C1 R1C2 R2C1 R2C2
The same data format is supported by a lot of other applications, so it is easy to use this feature to quickly copy data from MS Excel, another table or view, or even from a data set from a different DBMS especially if it is opened with an appropriate our product.
- An ability to upload files as BLOBs into a table has been implemented. The file names must contain the information on the record they need to be placed to: the files need to be named in the same manner and their names have to include content of one or several table columns that can uniquely identify each row.
The Script Runner window can now be invoked directly from the Tools menu. Also the productivity of this tool has been significantly improved.
Data Analysis tool has been updated:
- Starting with this version it is possible to use a wide spectrum of aggregate functions such as maximum, minimum, average value, etc. for subtotals (the only available function for the previous versions was sum of values).
- A possibility of sorting data by summary columns has been added. This means, for example, the product you'll see first is not the one which starts with an A or Z, but rather the one that has the most or least sales.
- You can also specify the number of top rows that are displayed to view, for example, only a specific number of best-selling or worst-selling products for each year, month, customer, etc. This will help you to concentrate on only the most important information and avoid being overload with a lot of superfluous data.
- Data Grid features the following things:
- The Clone current record command has been added to the popup menu. Use it to add a new record which is substantially similar to an existing one.
- Multi-column sorting has been implemented. To sort data on multiple columns, use the Advanced sort command from the grid's header popup menu.
- Starting with this version the number of grouped records is displayed for the group's header.
- Now you can fix grid columns to view them permanently when working with other grid data. To fix a column, choose the corresponding item from the grid's header popup menu.
SQL Editor: the Go to Line command has been added to the popup menu (Ctrl+G shortcut). Also field data types are now displayed in the Code completion window.
- BLOB editor: starting with this version it is possible to select a BLOB column to edit directly within the editor window.
- The Case Insensitive option has been added to data grid filter settings (ON by default).
- BLOB Viewer/Editor: starting with this version it's possible to customize PHP syntax highlighting for the text representation of BLOBs.
- Database Designer a possibility to select objects with Ctrl has been implemented.
- Application Options: now it's possible to specify default directories for data export/import/extract/etc to be used on database profiles creating.
In addition to this, several bugs have been fixed and some other minor improvements and corrections have been made.
Related links:Oracle Maestro home page
Download Oracle Maestro
Get Oracle Maestro Tour
Purchase your license of Oracle Maestro today!